5 Healthy Food To Eat During Pregnancy
Childbearing is the time in which the women should their health seriously and think carefully what to eat during pregnancy. It is important to start over their diet routines as soon as they discover that they are pregnant. Eating nutritious food during this time is essential for a woman and for the growth of the little one too. Balanced diet helps to address the symptoms of the pregnancy. Here are the 5 healthy foods to eat during pregnancy:
- Legumes: Legumes are the great sources of fiber, iron, calcium and protein which we get from plants and all of which is needed. At least 600 microgram of folate is required everyday because it is essential for the physical growth of the baby. They also prevent or reduces the discomforts of pregnancy.
- Dried fruits: They contain etiquette amount of natural sugar and they are rich in Vitamin K, potassium and iron because of which it increases the intake of nutrition in the body but try to avoid the ones which contain high amount of natural sugar. It helps to increase calories and nutrient intake.
- Dairy Products: They are the rich sources of calcium and proteins. It helps in strengthen the bones of the mother and the baby too. Yogurt, milk, smoothies and eggs are some examples of the dairy products which contain probiotic bacteria which helps to have good digestive system.
- Leafy Vegetables: Vegetables like spinach, kale and broccoli are very rich in iron, potassium, Vitamin K and C and fiber. They maintain the fat and cholesterol in the body which helps to reduce the chances of constipation and reduce the risk of low weight birth. If the one is going for the canned vegies that they should choose the one which has low sodium content.
- Berries: They are the combination of water, Vitamin C and fibers which helps in maintaining sugar in blood. They also provide flavor with few calories to the diet. Blueberries, raspberries and strawberries are good for consumption in pregnancy. But the berries should be washed before eating very carefully to avoid any infection.
Hence, it is important to consume a balanced diet in pregnancy to make dietary adjustments based on the needs of the body. A person has to maintain the balance between all the items she is eating and the one should continue these precautions till breastfeeding as it is considered as the 4th trimester.